Issue:You would like to know which Autodesk products are supported on Microsoft® Windows® 10.
Solution:All Autodesk products support Windows 10 but it depends on the version which exact Autodesk products is supported for Windows 10.
The most common issue is the inability to do a new installation of an Autodesk product on a Windows 10 operating system due to the Windows 10 reliance on .NET 4.6. In most cases, Autodesk products installed on an earlier operating system that was later upgraded to Windows 10 will continue to work as expected. Many of these issues have been corrected by the most recent Windows 10 updates. Update your Windows 10 installation to receive the latest updates.
Note: This can also apply to Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 if .NET 4.6 has been installed (.NET 4.6 may be installed by Microsoft components such as Internet Explorer 11, Edge, or by third-party software). For these operating systems, Microsoft is officially recommending that users uninstall .NET 4.6 prior to installing any blocked Autodesk software, and then reinstall .NET 4.6 afterwards.
Autodesk 2018 Products
All Autodesk 2018 products are supported on Windows 10 (desktop OS). See the system requirements for your product to verify compatibility and specific details.
Autodesk 2017 Products
All Autodesk 2017 products are supported on Windows 10 (desktop OS). See the system requirements for your product to verify compatibility and specific details.
Autodesk 2016 Products
Many Autodesk 2016 products have been tested and are confirmed as working correctly on Windows 10 (desktop OS), however more testing is required before we can certify products as being fully supported on the new operating system. Please note the following product-specific details:
- AutoCAD 2016 is supported with the application of AutoCAD 2016 SP1.
- AutoCAD LT 2016 is supported with the application of AutoCAD LT 2016 SP1.
- Most AutoCAD-based verticals aren't supported for Windows 10
- Installing the English language version of AutoCAD Electrical 2016 requires the Windows 10 update, KB3081448 or later (the updates are cumulative). Other language versions of AutoCAD Electrical 2016 can be installed if Windows 10 update, KB3105210, is applied prior to installing the product.
- Inventor 2016 is supported on Windows 10 (desktop OS).
- Maya 2016 and Maya LT 2016 are supported on Windows 10.
- Autodesk Vault 2016 and earlier is not supported on Windows 10.
Further testing of Autodesk 2013–2015 products is required to determine compatibility with Windows 10 and should be considered unsupported on Windows 10 unless explicitly stated otherwise in the details that follow or in the system requirements for that product and version. Please note the following product-specific details:
- 2014 and older versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based verticals will not be supported on Windows 10.
- The English language versions of AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD-based verticals should be installable if you have received the Windows 10 update, KB3081448 or later.
- Other AutoCAD language versions and language packs can be installed if Windows 10 update, KB3105210, is applied prior to installation.
- DWG TrueView 2015 can be installed if Windows 10 update, KB3105210, is applied prior to installation.