When starting AutoCAD, before it finishes loading, the program crashes with the following error:
"AutoCAD Application has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
To solve this issue do one or more of the following:
- Confirm that you are running certified hardware
- Install the AutoCAD updates from your Autodesk Account, your Autodesk Desktop App or from the Autodesk Downloads page
- Updating your software from your Autodesk Account
- Installing your AutoCAD Updates from your Autodesk Desktop App
- Autodesk Download Finder
- Run a Windows update.
- If using IE 10, update Internet Explorer to IE 11.
- This crash has also been known to happen with certain versions of the HP Designjet 500 driver on Windows 7 and was corrected by updating to the latest version of the driver.
- Reinstall Visual C++ (see How to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries).
- Reinstall the .NET Framework (see How to remove and reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework).
- Reinstall your Autodesk Product.
- If the above steps do not help it may be necessary to create a new Windows profile to resolve the issue.