If you have a custom styles library that you wish to migrate to a new version of Inventor follow the steps outlined in this article.
Note: Before migrating anything consider the following.
- If you haven't customized anything in the styles library in the previous version of inventor then there is no need to perform the migration.
- Once the styles have been migrated to the newer version they cannot be used in the previous version of Inventor.
- The styles migration cannot be undone, but one may restore them from the created backup.
1. Prior migration, back up the existing style library.
2. Go to: Start Menu > All Programs > Autodesk Inventor <version> > Tools > Style Library Manager. (The window below should open).
Show All Styles: Active by default. Lists all styles in both style libraries. Style definitions that are identical between the two libraries display in a regular black.
Show Mismatched Styles: Shows the styles with definitions that differ in the two libraries. With this setting, the style names are underscored and display in.
Show Unique Styles: Shows styles that exist in one library, but not in the other. With this setting, the style names are italicized and display in blue.
3. In "Style Library 1" section use the browser button to navigate to the folder where older styles are collected. By default the directory should be:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <old version>\Design Data
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor <old version>\Design Data
Alternativelly you canselect "Open Style Library" to select the old style library folder.
4. In "Style Library 2" section navigate to the new style library. By default the directory should be:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <new version>\Design Data
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\Design Data
Alternatively you can select "Open Style Library" to select the old style library folder.
5. Select Styles you wish to migrate from "Section 1" then click "Migrate".
6. Migration Style Library confirmation box pops up. Click "Yes" to approve or "No" to abort actions.
7.The migration will take a while and when complete, dialog box will display the styles that were migrated.
8. Once the styles have been migrated to the newer version of Inventor, choose style collection from "Style Library 1" and click " Copy selected styles from Style Library 1 to Style Library 2 " to add the new item to the new Library.