When Launching AutoCAD: the following FATAL Error prompts:
Invalid Configuration path\filename:
This arises from a permission issue to read or update the acad2006.cfg file under the user profile in windows. If the default user profile has been modified then the above error will show up.
Resetting AutoCAD to defaults should solve the issue.
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD20xx > Reset Settings to Default.
2. Select "Back up and reset custom settings" if you have modified the Ribbon or any other personalized settings in AutoCAD. Otherwise select "Reset custom settings".
3. If the option to back up custom settings has failed and you do not wish to continue without a Back up, follow steps 4 & 5.
4. Go to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD20xx >Migrate custom settings> Export custom settings AutoCAD20xx. (This should create a .zip folder with your custom settings)
5. If steps 4 & 5 were successful you may proceed to "Reset custom settings". Now your AutoCAD has been reset to default.
6. Previously saved custom settings can be now imported by going to:
Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD20xx >Migrate custom settings> Export custom settings AutoCAD20xx. Hence, navigating to the path of the previously saved .zip folder with the custom settings.